According to comScore’s 2012 Mobile Future in Focus report, more than half of the U.S. smartphone population used their phone to perform retail research while inside a store in 2011.
Consider these popular in-store behaviors:
- 1 in 5 U.S. smartphone owners took a picture of a product while in store.
- Nearly the same number (1 in 5) texted or called family or friends about a specific product.
- Close to 1 in 5 also scanned a product barcode.
- 12% of all smartphone owners used their phone to compare product prices while in a store.
- Nearly 10% used their device to find coupons or deals.
4 USES OF MOBILE VIDEO TO DRIVE RETAIL SALES
There are several ways to use video on e-commerce sites, and retailers are experimenting every day to uncover strategies that produce the best results. Here are 4 ways to use mobile video to enhance in-store conversions:
Read the full story here